Monday 9 August 2010

Bathing The Dog

We have a river at the bottom of our garden which is lovely but I was a little concerned that Toby would be a swimmer and constantly in there. But actually he doesn't like water much at the moment. Although he did come trotting up the garden one day soaked through so I guessed he must have fallen in. Luckily I wasn't there to panic and have to rescue him and he managed to get out all on his own.

Then yesterday once again his fur appeared to be wet but I didn't take too much notice at first. He did seem to stay wet for quite some time and I did vaguely wonder why, but when I walked out into the kitchen I slipped up. Closer examination of what I thought was spots on water on the kitchen floor turned out to be oil. Then I saw the plastic box that had held the oil from the wok for frying. It had been on top of the cooker and now was obviously all over Toby and the floor.

He smelled of chips too. So there was nothing else for it, we were going to have to give him a bath. We put a few inches of water into the bath and plonked him in. But as soon as he moved I realised that the bottom of the bath was very slippery for him, so his legs went in every direction knocking things down and splashing everything. He managed to get a strawberry bath bomb that was sitting on the side down into the water and that started fizzing which caused some distress as I shouted to Jas to put a towel in the bottom of the bath to give him some grip. That done he seemed to settle down enough for me to wash him off before he jumped into my arms soaking me from head to toe.

I think he may still be a little oily but I'd done the best I could and of course he had to do that shaking thing and cover not only me but the entire bathroom in splashes. First bath done ...

1 comment:

  1. Install Kaspersky without CD code https://installkasperskywithoutcd.com

    Install Kaspersky without CD | How to install and activate kaspersky on multiple computers


    https://installkasperskywithoutcd.com

    Install Kaspersky without CD

    www.activation.kaspersky.com

    ReplyDelete